5 Traits of Successful Leaders Video
Successful leaders inspire and empower their people.
Who do you consider to be a great leader?
Do you think their abilities are innate or learned?
Successful leaders may have certain traits. But you can develop them, too, and here's how...
1. Believe in yourself. Confident and positive leaders inspire and empower their people. So, understand, celebrate and make the most of your strengths.
2. Manage your emotions. Emotionally intelligent leaders are calm and collected. Develop your communications skills and empathy to build stronger relationships.
3. Aspire to inspire. Transformational leaders motivate. Create a compelling vision of the future and motivate your people to deliver it.
4. Lead by example. Successful leaders "walk the talk." So, lead by example and with integrity.
5. Be supportive. Effective leaders help their people to shine. Carry out Training Needs Assessments to find out what skills your team needs to be successful.
Finally, set out your expectations clearly so everyone knows where they stand. Great leaders know how to get the best out of people, and how they, too, can learn from their team's expertise.
Find out whether you've got what it takes to become a great leader by taking our quiz here.